Monday, January 4, 2010

Day One Back at School...By Mel

Ok, so I knew that coming back to school would be good and bad for a few reasons. Well, the good thing is that I can get back into a solid routine. I can pack a lunch, be at school and be busy and not worry about savoring the leftover holiday treats, which thankfully there aren't many of. Hmmm, I wonder why? haha. The not so good part about coming back to school is that it raises my stress levels. Now I know that I need to find other outlets for that, so I am working on trying a few techniques that I know have worked in the past. Chewing gum! Now, all of my college professors would cringe if they knew I chew gum while I am teaching as they always said not to. Oh well! That minty taste of deliciousness will help me to get past my pull towards all things chocolate. Deep Breathing! I am stopping more throughout the day and really pausing, praying and working on being calm. I prayed this morning that God would help me resist the temptations that came in front of me. Alas I forgot the bag of M & M's that were left in my classroom from the holidays. So, I quickly divided them up for my students and of course had some myself. That is the only thing so far that I regret. Other than that, it's been a great first day back at school. My plans for tonight are a healthy dinner and a nice, cold walk outside. I better bundle up! :)

4 comments:

  1. i pack food with me ALL the time...cuz once i get hungry WATCH OUT! I always keep apples and stuff with me...keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Amber!! :) I am excited for Thursday (pay day) so I can create my healthy food supply!! Thank you so much for the encouragement. Late at night is really hard for me too. Have to find out something for that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your goals and I am proud of your determination for this. I wont try and sugar cote it, there will be a few challenges...but I can guarantee I'll be there for you whenever you need to talk to someone about it or when you just need to talk I'll be there. I will also be with you when I can for walks..... Wherever you need me, I'll be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Josh!! :)

    ReplyDelete